Wednesday, January 16, 2013

First Christmas card of 2013

Heya! Phew, we've been getting lots and lots and LOTS of snow again. I think I will need to leave home tomorrow again if I want to get to work in time. It's been snowing heavily the whole afternoon and I don't think it'll stop anytime soon.

With all this snow I think the card I want to show you today is perfect. It's the first Christmas card I've made in 2013.


I used the sweet Pickles from Wild rose studio as my main image. I colored him with Promarkers and Fabes Castell pencils. On the white part of the cap I used glitter glue. The star paper that I used on the left side of my card is from Folia. That's the only dp I used. The paper with music notes was actually a white cardstock which I inked with TH Antique linen DI and stamped over it with Kaisercraft stamp. Ovals are SB dies. I embossed the white oval with Cuttlebus swiss dots embossing folder and then inked the raised dots with my stamp pad. The border you can see going down the middle of the card is my new Cart-us die. The gold stars are cut from a star ribbon that you can buy at Crafty ribbons store. The paper stars under the ribbon ones are my new Nellie Snellen dies. I inked those stars with TH distress ink and embossed them with Cuttlebug EF.

I would like to enter my card to the following challenges:
Designed to color: Metalics (gold stars)
Bunny Zoe's crafts: Anything goes
Crafts and me: Something new (new dies)
Papertake weekly: Baby it's cold out there
Christmas cards all year 'round: Anything goes as long as it's Christmas
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas: Rudolph is resting
Totally Gorjuss: Spotty
ABC Christmas: A for animals
Lexi's creations: Anything goes
Deep ocean: Anything but square

22 comments:

  1. Oh that is so sweet, Cebelica! Love the gold stars and soft fur colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello maja, your card is fab. That image is so cute. i am yet to make a Christmas card for this year. Hope you don't have too much hassle getting to work tomorrow.
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card sweetie and such a lovely design with the red mat...cute little penguin too :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! You are so smart to do your holiday cards throughout the year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cebelica - this is such a sweet card! I love the image and your gorgeous backgrounds too. Thanks for sharing your card at Lexi's Creations this time in our "Anything Goes" challenge.
    Helen x (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable Cebelica. Good on you started making Christmas card for this year, this is a great inspiration for all of us.
    Hugs,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. How amazing that you are starting on your Christmas Cards already! But I think it's a great idea to have Christmas in your heart the whole year round! Thanks for leaving some love on my blog so I could find you! What little European country are you from? I'm curious because I'm way over here in the Philippines and I think it's fabulous that I can visit you! Patsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cebelica, Your card is stunning and a great start to your Christmas cards x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely cute card - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge 107 - you could also enter this into my challenge extra - http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2.blogspot.co.uk - I'd love to see it there too x

    ReplyDelete
  10. aw so gorgeous cebelica.i love your fab design and the penguin is adorable ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooo kako je luštna. Super brve in pa motiv je res rčkan. lp

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute card love this penguin image too and your puffy stars too! Thanks for Playing along with us this time at ABC Christmas Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Maja :-)i love Pickle and all the details are fabulous :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly and ABC Christmas Challenges :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Cebelica this is gorgeous, adorable and so cute, I love that little Penguin image also the wonderful colours and design a super, super card.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable Christmas card! Love the little penguin! Great idea to start now!!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous image and layout... love your colouring... and those gold stars too!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Totally Gorjuss!

    Hugs
    Christine GDT x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card. The colours are so Christmassy and I am going to have to buy that Cart-us die.
    Hugs
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a lovely card, cute image and so beautiful with the red and gold together.
    Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge and hope to see you next time as well.
    Dorte,xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adorable card Cebelica! This little cutie is so wonderful. Thanks for playing along at Papertake Weekly :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh I love this card. The image is adorable. I love little Pickle.
    Annette
    My blog : Netty's Cards
    Proud to design for ABC Christmas Challenge.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)