Sunday, November 3, 2013

A bookmark for a little girl

Where did the week go?! I have a feeling my week off work just started - but it's already come to the end. Can't believe I need to go to work tomorrow already! O.o Time just flew by! But I guess it's always like this when you are having fun, right?

The other day I was asked to make a bookmark for an 8 years old girl who loves to read. I love making corner bookmarks, so I decided to make one like this.


I decided to use soft pastel colours for the bookmark and the adorable teddy image from Folia. I colored the image with distress inks, cut it out with my craft knife, raised it on foam pads and glued it on the bookmark. As for the paper goes, I only used scraps of papers that I had in my stash. I was asked to write the girl's name on the bookmark too. So I used my alphabet stamps from G studio and stamped "Katarina" (girl's name). I cut each stamp seperately and glued them at the bottom. I didn't embellish the bookmark a lot. I just did some dots around the circle with my Viva decor pearl pen and I also used some beautiful pink ribbon from Crafty ribbons. I also used my border punch, Spellbinders' picot edge circle die and Quick cutz' circle die. The circle behind the image was embossed with Cuttlebug's Polka dot embossing folder.

I hope Katarina will like it!

I'd like to enter my bookmark to the following challenges:
Simon says: Anything goes
Avenue 613: Anything goes
Challenges 4 everybody: Anything goes
The paper nest dolls: Anything goes
Whimsy inspires: Anything goes
Bunny Zoe's crafts: Ribbon

16 comments:

  1. Kristina bo zelo vesela tega označevalnika,
    ki je res nekaj posebnega
    lp Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very pretty and cute bookmark.Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Challenges 4 Everybody.

    Hugs
    Cathy DT member
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous bookmark, Cebelica, love the very cute image and pretty details.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful as always hun....:o)

    biggest of hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. kako lepo knjižno kazalo :)Krasno si ga okrasila. lp

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh your book mark is stunning and l love your image you have coloured it so well and of course the embellishments finish it off perfectly xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEAUTIFUL !!! I love this and she will, too!!
    Please come and link up over at Crafty Sentiments Designs for this week. it's Anything Goes and i would love to see you join us!! xo
    (New follower on your blog!!) :) :)

    http://craftysentiments.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. so gorgeous cebelica.i love the fab pretty colours and the bears are adorable :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a darling, feminine bookmark for Katarina! The soft colors, the doily edged punch and that luscious pink ribbon will make her adore the gift! Thank you for playing “Anything Goes” at our house!
    ~ginny, DT for 613 Ave. C
    Personal blog: RubberMAD at GettyCollection.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. These bears are too cute! Thanks for playing along with the Anything Goes challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweetest bookmark ever! So darling and adorable in the soft pastel colors. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU TOO!!! HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday!! Hope you liked our YF birthday cards..best wishes!
    Hugs Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous card. love the image. fab colours x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful bookmark, I love the color and the bears are adorable. Thank you for sharing and entering your card in our monthly challenge "Anything Goes".

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is adorable! Love the pastels and the cute image! Thanks for sharing this with us here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)