Friday, November 22, 2013

Graduation card

Heya! It's finally Friday! Yay! :D I have a long weekend ahead (I'm off work on Monday) andI'mplanning to make several Christmas cards. Fingers crossed I will make it! Have you made all your Christmas cards yet? 

The other day my friend asked me to make a card for her step daughter who just graduated from the university. I put my thinking card on and here's what I came up with ...


This is the first graduation card I've made. At first I wasn't sure which image to use, but when I checked my digi collection I noticed I have this adorable owl image from Mel Jen's. Isn't it cute?! I love it! I coloured it with distress inks. Papers, pearls, gems, ribbon and papers are from my stash. I used several dies on this card. The butterfly border is from Joy crafts, corners are from Whimsy, Flowers and leaves are from Marianne design and floral oval and tag are from Spellbinders. The sentiment says "congrats". I embossed the oval with Cuttlebug's swiss dots embossing folder.

I would like to enter my card to the following challenges:
The sketchy challenges: Sketch (I rotated it)
Totally Gorjuss: 3 patterned papers
Divas by design: Make it pretty
Fab'n'funky: Anything goes
Sparkles: Animals

13 comments:

  1. Hi oh I love that owl and gorgeous colours ...such a lovely design ..Thank you for joining us in The Sketchy Challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful is your card gorgeous papers and image x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, so cute...Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky and Divas this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cebelica, this card is simply fabulous! The owl image is so adorable and perfect for graduation. Love all the die cuts you used, they look great together. Have a wonderful long weekend and enjoy making your Christmas cards.
    Hugs, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful!
    thanks for joining us at sketchy challenges
    hugs
    cordine

    ReplyDelete
  6. joj kako je simpatična! Jaz sem se letos tudi odločila za motiv sovice za moje novoletne voščilnice :) lp

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card ,beautiful image . Thank you for joining us at Creative Card Crew with our Pearl challenge , hugs Tania (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card with lovely colours. Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew! Hope to see you again
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  9. so gorgeous cebelica.fantastic details and i love your stunning owl :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card thanks for sharing with us at Sparkles monthly. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent graduation card, who doesn't love a wise old owl? Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sparkles this month, hope to see you again.

    Hugs
    Brenda
    Sparkles DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is real cute its a sweet card thanks for joining us over on divas by designs x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)