Sunday, November 24, 2013

Sleepy stocking

Hey, hey! How was your weekend? Good, I hope. I was a good girl - I made several Christmas cards. Yay for me!! lol I can't show you many of them just yet (because I made them for the Christmas advent event that we'll be having at Crafty ribbons in December - see below for more information), but I can show you this one ...


My friend let me borrow her House Mouse stamp and I couldn't wait to play with it. I never thought I'd say this, because I'm scared of these little creatures (mice), but ... Aren't these mousies adorable? I love them! I had quite some problems with putting this card together, because I couldn't find the right papers. But this was a good excuse for me to do some shopping today. He he. I coloured the image with distress inks. The green and red DPs are from Provo Craft and I created the brownish papers myself (I used white cardstock, TH distress inks, Memento rich cocoa ink pad and Kaisercraft and Stampabilities stamps). I distressed the edges with my scissors and then inked them with TH brushed corduroy distress ink. The star ribbon you see on top of my card is from Folia. I used Nellie Snellen star dies for the stars. The sentiment (Merry Christmas) was cut from one DP that I had in my stash. Once I cut it out I inked the edges, raised it on foam pads and glued it on the card. The sentiment was already covered with glitters, so this was a bonus. :)

I hope you like it! Hugs! xx

I'd like to enter my card to the following challenges:
House mouse and friends: Favourite things (Christmas is my favourite holiday)
Bunny Zoe's: Shabby chic/vintage (I chose vintage)
Oozak: Holidays and anything goes
Sweet stampin': Cause for celebration
A creative romance: Vintage style
One crazy stamper: Christmas
Bearly mine: Christmas traditional colours (red, green) using die cuts
Crafty sentiments: Christmas
Designed to color: Christmas

23 comments:

  1. Awwh, this is so adorably cute hunny, who could be scared of those little darlings! Gorgeous card. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just cute as can be. It's one of my favorite images and you colored it perfectly. Your sentiment is lovely and what a great cutting job you did on it. I know how you feel about being afraid of real mice, but who can resist these? Be careful, House Mouse images can be addicting, which is a very good thing. Nice to see you join us here a House Mouse & Friends this week. We do hope to see more of you in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooo kako je luštna! miški so tako simpatični in zvezdice lepo poživij tvojo krasno voščilnico. lp

    ReplyDelete
  4. adorable image, love the star details and sentiment..very cute

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card! The image is delightful and beautifully coloured, fab design and papers too! Thanks for celebrating with us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Čudovita druščina v nogavički, zelo lepa je
    pozdravček Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card and l think you images are soooo adorable xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super card. Thanks for sharing with us at crafty sentiments
    Hugs Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet image. Sleepy little mice under the tree. Love the colors on your Christmas card, so very pretty. Thanks for joining us for the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cebelica, you have made these little creatures such cuties. You are a bunch of sleeping beauties. Love the papers you used, so festive and perfect fr Christmas.
    Good on you making Christmas cards this weekend. I am going to need my hubby's help to assemble Christmas cards for me, lol.
    Have a great week.
    Hugs, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  11. YES!!! Totally adorable !!! but, only on cards!!! LOL!! In real life, I would be running!! So happy that you shared this with us!! I love it!! :) :) Thank you for joining us @ Crafty Sentiments “Christmas” challenge!!
    Nicole’s Craft Nook
    Nicole’s YUM YUM BLOG Candy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card such a lovely image and design.
    Thank you for joining us at Bearly Mine Challenge.
    Hugs Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww! This is so super cute! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Crafty Sentiments Designs this week! We hope that you will play along with us again soon! Good Luck in the Draw!

    ReplyDelete
  14. so gorgeous cebelica.adorable hm image and your colouring and details are stunning ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable image, I love the way you have made the sentiment. Very creative. Thanks for joining our celebration at Sweet Stampin. Good luck with the challenge. Suzanne DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful card, a lovely design and fabulous colour scheme, I love this sweet image and great die cuts!!

    Thanks so much for joining <a href="http://housemouse-challenge.blogspot.de/!>House Mouse & Friends Challenge</a>
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm not real fond of mice either, but those are adorable!!! Love all the stars you added to your card as well. Good for you for getting some Christmas card done!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice image, great coloring and the star those are awesome! Very pretty!
    Thanks for playing our Christmas Challenge at One Crazy Stamper!

    Leanne DT@OCS!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card Cebelica, love the adorable image and beautiful design.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely Christmas Card Maja, I love the image too.
    hugs Anke

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awwww so sweet & cute these guys getting a warm from the Xmas tree light..how inventive..lol one of my fav Crimbo images lovely colouring gorgeous design love it.

    Thanks for sharing with us at HM & friends chall this time..come back soon.

    smiles Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks so much for the joining our Favorite Things House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge #158.

    This is just a wonderful festive creation-love the stars!

    ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous and sweet card,thank you for joining us at A Creative Romance
    louise xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)